Sunday, November 11, 2007

30ish Has It Coming!

Here it comes. Another thorn in my side... BUT I would LOVE to know how many people agree or disagree with me.

Today while watching the Channel 4 news (this morning), they listed birthdays. Among all of the children, there was a woman who was turning "30ish".

"30ish"

Do you even know where I'm about to go with this one? I am 35. My birthday is in February, and I am PROUD to say that I am a healthy, but hefty 35 year old. Ok, not proud about the hefty part, but thats for another paragraph.

I don't understand peoples obsession with numbers when it comes to age. I actually don't understand most people, but anyway. I would be willing to be that if you ask a cancer survivor how old they are, they will PROUDLY declare their age. Because they KNOW they are lucky to be on God's green earth. I wish all people viewed their lives as a blessing. But disregard this statement because I'm about to go off about my weight.

On to other stuff. Did you SEE what Melanie wrote today? lol. I told her that I had a grin from ear to ear and to imagine the Grinch with a smile. Because I swear she looked into her mirror, but saw ME! OMG what has happened to me. I will tell you. Remember a while back when I told you about the drug reps and the food?

Well let's just say that in my first year of work, I have actually put on the "freshman 15" + some. I am a cow. I am the poster child for Mad Cow disease. I went shopping the other day. Bee Bopped into a store with my sister clammering on the cell phone. 15 minutes later, I left. Defeated, depressed, and feeling like a total chunky monkey. What happened?

Well. A MAJOR part is self control. If you looked back to my previous post on the drug reps and the food, it pertains A LOT to that. Plus a current foot condition that I am experiencing. More so to the food. I will go into work with the BEST intentions that I am NOT going to eat this stuff. But there it is. I HAVE to go punch out for lunch, and there it is. I'm not talking Taco Bell people.

I'm talking, Andiamo's, Red Robin, Jeff Baldwins, Italian Restaurants, Mexican, Chinese. EVERY DAY, and most days 2x per day. PLUS not to mention, that IF I have to use the restroom, I HAVE to walk into the breakroom, which is RIGHT where this stuff is kept. I'm doomed.

Imagine eating out EVERY DAY. You know you can't eat like that, so why should we? Cows, and I'm one of them.

Since I'm dealing with a foot problem, my remedy is swimming. I started swimming at the Rec Center. So I am very hopeful that it will work.

Here comes my honesty. I am 40+ pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant with Child A, 8 years ago.

MOOOOO.

7 comments:

  1. We eat out a lot more than we should. That is a big reason for my weight gain. Plus lack of exercise. I use my busy schedule as an excuse, but the truth is if I gave up some TV time (which there isn't anything good on anymore anyway) then I could fit it in. I feel your pain sister. Believe me I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I agree with you on the age thing. However, I am going to be 32 this week and am feeling some angst about it being that my biological clock and I are having some serious discussions right now. And I feel a decision must be nigh. But I would never refuse to tell someone my age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Hey you.

    I totally hear you on the age thing. I love every birthday that comes and look forward to each new one.

    Now you're in trouble though. You should not be so hard on yourself. You are a beatufiul person with beautiful children. Never ever call yourself a cow.

    Now trust me I know the rollercoaster ride of weight loss all too well as I begin to embark on my 50th Weight Watchers attempt.

    You are doing the right things, watching what you eat and exercising. Stick with them and it will come but it won't come if you are already are in a foul state of mind.

    As for the temptation, one thing I am going to try doing is making sure that half of my plate is vegetables (salad minus the dressing - you get used to it or veggies steamed) and then just a bite of the big ticket items so I don't feel cheated.

    What's going on with the foot? Hope everything is ok.

    Love ya!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries! Just remember that Mel and I are right there with you....at least in spirit! Just be happy and try and eat healthy....that is the best thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are going for the veggie thing - buy the ziploc steam bags. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Balance,Balance, Balance! Contol your sugar, get a smaller plate like a saucer you use for eating your meals. Only eat as much as it will hold, no going back for seconds. No cakes, no cookies no pop. Lay off the bread, no rolls, no butter, no mayo. No candy. Only eat half of everything you get. Soon that stumach will shrink and you will get use to eating this way. Plus without the sugar you will have alot more energy. Swimming is one of the best excercises for losing and firming away pounds. Besides walking. Take it from me don't ever start smoking its only a subsatute for food going in your mouth...Love Mom
    PS I only wish I looked as good as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl!

    I have to agree with your Mom. I've recently cut all forms of sugar and flour out of my diet and have seen unbelieveable results. Don't confuse this with Atkins, I eat tons of vegetables, lean meats/fish without covering everything in bacon or cheese. I feel great and for the first time in my life am proud of myself.

    With that being said...Don't be so mean to yourself. You are a beautiful woman, mom, friend, and blogger :-) Keep up your exercise regime and make small changes, you'll see great results. Plus stay away from the drug reps at work, they are just trying to get you to eat more so you can become dependent on whatever drug they are pushing....

    Ok, I'll step down from the soap box now :-)

    Have a great day chica!

    ReplyDelete