Monday, November 19, 2007

Girl Talk...

I am becoming my own worst enemy. I always start sending "a hem!" emails to people that don't update their blogs. And here I haven't posted since Thursday. The reason why?

I have a headache. I've had this dumb thing since Thursday. I have taken Tylenol, Excederine, Imitrex which I was just prescribed, Tylenol and Motrin together, and I still have a headache.

I went to the doc last Monday for my "yearly". I told him that last month, I had a headache that lasted a whopping 5 days, and almost had me vomitting. He said it is a menstrual migraine, and told me that my estrogen level is dropping so much that it's triggering a migraine. He then prescribed the Imitrex. He told me to take it AS SOON as I feel one coming on...

But like my sister in law said, how do you know when it is a migraine or a regular headache. My que is when it lasts more than a day or three. By then I think I missed that "as soon as I feeling it coming on" window.

So my question to you.... my friends, how do I make this go away? What holistic thing can I do to get these to stop. I already know a few things. 1. lose weight. 2. stop drinking coffee. 3. Ask your girlfriends for advice.

With that, the ball is in your court. Open forum time. Tell me what to do. On my end, I am making an appointment with my MD to go for a full physical. I want blood work done. I want to know my levels. From there I am taking my information with me on my crusade for better health, because THIS SUCKS.

So fire away your comments. Operators are standing by...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:10 PM

    L.E.A.P. Healing-Natural Health Center
    8548 North Canton Center Rd.
    Canton, MI, 48187

    Phone: 734-455-1438
    www.leaphealingnaturalhealth.com

    Migraines are horrible, I would want to know what is causing the hormonal shift. Also it seems like Yoga can help just about every area of your body, so I would definitely start going to yoga class again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Val, I have to admit I have no expertise to offer on headaches. I get about 1 migraine a year and I just go to be until it goes away.

    But I will go with Katrina on the yoga recomendation. Yoga is good for everything - body, mind and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I repeat...

    L.E.A.P. Healing-Natural Health Center
    8548 North Canton Center Rd.
    Canton, MI, 48187
    Phone: 734-455-1438
    www.leaphealingnaturalhealth.com

    I don't have much experience with migraines/headaches, but someone at yoga the other day was talking about how they used to get headaches all the time and now it's rare occurance.

    ReplyDelete