Monday, November 26, 2007

A. E. I. O. U

Saturday, E and I were driving in the car. Somehow we got on the subject of rings. We talked about couples "picking out rings" over having the man surprise you with the ring of his choice... which I am in favor of. We talked about the engagement ring and then the wedding band.



"When you go to the church to get married, you do not wear any rings. You say your vows, then the man puts the ring on your ring finger. Then you put your engagement ring on after that. That way the wedding band is closer to your heart".



"You mean you have to say your AEIOU's?" asks E.



"Huh?" I replied, "What are you talking about?"



"Your Vowels, you said you have to say your vowels before you get your ring" she explained.



I had tears running down my cheeks. She was so honest and sincere in her questioning.

3 comments: