Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No Coffee.... Day 1

I decided that there is no time like the present to start heeding some of your advice. So as of right now... I have had NO coffee today. I did however have 2 cups of green tea this morning. Once I get over my obsession with coffee, I will work on the green tea part - as it has caffeine in it too.

Wow, what a day it has been. At first, it was easy. Had my tea, chatted with Katrina, started to get withdrawl headache... popped 3 Motrin. Headache gone. Then, a Starbucks commercial came on... the one with the pretty winter cup. Almost sabotage. I knew I would be passing a Starbucks on the way to a friends house for a gold party. Luckily my friend Helen was there to save the day as I didn't want to inconvenience her - not that it would have, as she is very easy going. BTW, Helen reads this every day. Everyone say "Hi" to Helen... See Helen waving Hi? lol. So we get to the friends house and sell our gold - which was VERY lucerative by the way - if you get invited to a sell your old gold party, I HIGHLY recommend you go if you have stuff in your jewelry box. As Helen stated, she made more $ at the jewerly party than she would have at work today!

We get to the friends. What does she offer? Coffee. YUMMY, Hot, Creamy coffee in BEAUTIFUL coffee mugs. OMG... I almost started panting and drooling right on the spot. Did I opt for the soda? NOPE... because it has caffeine in it! Water please. I made it. I totally made it ALL day today, however, at Kroger, it took me 15 minutes to get out of the coffee aisle - we were in the aisle for something else that happened to be in the coffee section. I did however, pick up a bag of Decaf Dunkin Donuts coffee. I can have decaf, right?

I feel pretty good. Tired, but good. As I pop on to check emails, I find an email from Starbucks . Click the link and watch them make a Caramel Macchiato. I will make it, I can do this... but I have to go get some wipes to clean my monitor screen now. It's all gooey from me licking it.

5 comments:

  1. Why would you want to go and do a silly thing like giving up coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, you are seriously my twin.

    I gave up coffee two months ago and your post literally had me in tears laughing because everything you have described, I've gone through.

    I noticed that Kroger started carrying the Dunkin Donuts coffee right after I gave it up and I came so close to screaming at the store manager for tempting me with my all time favorite coffee choice.

    Have you tried Dandelion Tea? You can usually find it at heath food stores. Katrina gave me some and while it's no coffee, it does have the same flavor and does the trick when you are really craving it.

    I still sniff bags of coffee when I see them, but at least the headaches are gone and very occassionally, I will treat myself to a cup of decaf for old time sake.

    Know that I am here for you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mel...why on earth would you give up liquid gold??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Good for you for hangning tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Good Girl, I wish I had the same staying power!!

    ReplyDelete