Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The End of an Era

Chef Emeril Lagasse is shown in New Orleans in this, May 9, 2007, file photo. The celebrity chef's "Emeril Live" has been canceled after 10 years on the air, Food Network publicist Carrie Welch told The Associated Press."`Emeril Live' is out of production as of Dec. 11," Welch said Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2007. "However, Emeril is under contract with Food Network. We love him, we support him and look forward to a long partnership with him." (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, file)



I'm so sad. Emeril has been on for the longest time. I used to watch Food TV with my Grandma at her house, because no one else had it on their cable. So she and I would watch it together all the time. Then when I started working midnights at the hospital, when it was slow (and sometimes I'm talking not even ONE patient), I would sit in the waiting room, and watch Food Network because it was the only thing on. That's when I got hooked on "Good Eats". Alton Brown is a fossil around Food Network. I hope he doesn't ever get cancelled.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what they put in his place. I find his show kind of boring and it hogs up the 8:00 slot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, where is the love Mel!! LOL! I do agree with you though. HA HA! Sorry Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:39 PM

    Is it just me, or does Emeril look like the Pope here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He totally looks like the pope.

    ReplyDelete