Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Doomed I tell ya!

I don't know how in the world I am EVER going to lose weight! With the recent news about how Heart Disease will affect almost ALL American women, I must admit, that just adds more to my pandemonium. I have already diagnosed myself with an OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) regarding my kitchen floor. I am so obsessed with the crumbs that end up on it. I would be willing to bet that every time I am walking through and I feel a crumb through my sock.... my blood pressure increases by 20 points easily. I am half tempted to get a dog just so he can eat the crumbs! lol.

So I worked at the Urgent Care again tonight. I happened to swing into the break room for a potty break, and noticed 2 boxes on the counter... make that three. 2 boxes of pazckis (sorry if it's wrong, I don't think this word is in spell check), and 1 box of Whitmans Sampler Chocolates. Just knowing what is in the "donut" boxes, I avoided those all together. I did, however, succumb to 1 piece of chocolate out of the other box.

Here is the problem... I offically started at the Urgent Care on February 8th. I work 2-3 days per week. I have had to buy only ONE lunch in all of that time! The drug reps bring in so much fricken food, it's sick. How in the world is anyone supposed to eat healthy and lose weight? God, no wonder they do such good business. They are trying to kill everyone with their goodies! We're going to become their biggest clients.

Tomorrow I am taking a stand. I am asking my family to bring me a lunch since I'm working the day shift. I told Emily that I even want her to put a note in it for me, just like I do for her every day. A nice lean meat sandwich on whole grain bread would be nice, with a bottle of water and a nice piece of fruit... preferably a banana which I happen to be craving.

This is going to be a horrendous struggle. Luckily the Prompt care is VERY FAR from the break room, which makes it very inconvenient to visit frequently. Amen!

P.S. For the locals... tonight was VERY slow. I need job security. Please spread the word that we are open and no one needs to have a Beaumont doctor to be seen. They will even fax your info over to your doctor, no matter which health system they belong to. Very high class in my opinion. Open 7 days per week, 10am to 10pm.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    I feel your pain. It's girl scout cookie season. I've decided they aren't even that good - yet I have consumed almost an entire box of tagalongs. Can someone explain this to me!!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same issue! In fact, you reminded me that I owe $21 dollars to a friend for GS cookies that I don't even need. Just trying to help a "little girl" out. Know what I mean?

    Today the drug reps brought;
    Almond Boneless from a gourmet restaurant, 2 different types of salad, 4 two liters of coke products, a HUGE dessert tray with little caramel coconut cookies and fudge bars. Totally homemade. Rosemary Potatoes and Grilled Chicken Breast with mixed veggies.

    Then I received an email that some reps are planning a night out for all of the staff at a nearby bar/restaurant.

    GOOD LORD! Again, I thank god that the break room is VERY FAR from my area. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:58 AM

    I get daily phone calls from the donuts in the kitchen or the snickers bar in the vending machine. They are on the other side of the office, but they have my phone number and they are relentless!

    ReplyDelete