Thursday, May 31, 2007

Abercrombie & Sex...

"These Brown Eyes Will Break Your Heart"... This is the tee shirt that Emily has been wanting and wanting for months. Of course it is at Abercrombie & Fitch... the super expensive place her girlfriend shops at. So off we went to Lakeside Mall. We walk in... the music is BLARING and it is extremely dark in there. However it was tastefully decorated with slate blue walls and white cabinetry and trim. Thankfully this is the time when you want a salesperson to ask you what you need. I asked for the shirt, and luckily they had it.

The shirts are folded into minuscule size and stacked on top of each other 20 high. WHO folds their clothes like this. I instantly pictured the teenager working there, and how she must keep her clothes at home... wrinkles anyone?

As we're looking at the shirts, I happen to start noticing the lyrics of the song blaring away.... "Your sexy eyes, your hot lips.... I want you so bad".... Um hello? Is this NOT Abercrombie for Kids? I mean this wasn't even a little section of the main store. This was an entirely different store across from the adult Abercrombie. This was a store devoted entirely to children. Helloooo? Can you say Teenage Pregnancy? We quickly made our decisions purchasing an additional tee shirt along with a cute pair of shorts. We bolted to the check out with our hands over Greg's ears, trying to keep his fingers from groping the female mannequins.

Through out the entire excursion, Dennis and I kept shooting each other looks that said, "Is this what we've been reduced to?". "OMG she is only 8!!!" "Gone are the days of buying stuff from Walmart that will undoubtly get destroyed by the sandbox". "It's OVER".

She's 8... Remember my post on how fast 10 years went by? Another 10 quick years and my beautiful baby girl will be 18................................... excuse me while I go breathe into a paper bag... yet again.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:17 AM

    How much did the t shirt cost? Rent in the mall is expensive. Sounds like you will have your hands full by the time she is 18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:13 AM

    You should try going in the grown-up store. I don't think my leg would fit in their largest size jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel,

    That's a shocker because you are in great shape! I've never been in there. The music always scared me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shirt was on clearance for $15.50! This is the first time she has ever asked for something like this. At the age of 8, she is already saving up her money to buy things she wants, that we won't provide. So when she's 18, it will be the same way.

    ReplyDelete