Saturday, May 19, 2007

Are You Ok?


The words are still reverberating in my head. "No Lady, I'm FRIGGEN NUTS, Where is the GD CAT shampoo?!" ........ story to follow.

When the Veterinarian that put Booster to sleep asked if we were going to get another cat, I was almost shocked by her question. "For god sakes lady, the corpse isn't even cold yet." (These are things that go through my head that I WISH I could say).

It's been a rough week for Pumpkin. The spunky, tail chasing, shadow boxing kitty, that used to irritate the hell out of Booster, seems to have aged A LOT during this 1 week. He was a wreck. Once we finally got him eating, he spent the next few days going from room to room, over and over looking for Booster. What a heart breaking thing to see. With that... Dennis and I decided that because Pumpkin is still very young (age 3), we wanted to give him another buddy. The search started and ended at the first place I went to on Thursday. The Humane Society of Macomb on 22 Mile Road. The EXACT same place that we adopted Booster from.

Meet Charlie!


Charlie is 8 weeks old and was named by his new buddy Greg. Charlie is a spunky little dude. I personally wanted to name him either Thumper or Thunder because of the sound he makes when he runs down the hallway.

Charlie was a stinky kitty. In fact, the humane society smelled so bad that it actually got to me. Me! The one that can handle ANYTHING.... except copious amounts of pus. yish...... chills....

Anyhoo... Charlie needed a bath, so the kids and I ran up to the exceptionally overpriced pet store on the corner. We went there because there has been A LOT (understated) of traffic around here due to road construction going on nearby. So I ask the burn out chic... "Do you have any cat shampoo?" "You're kidding, right?" she replies. "No, if I was kidding I wouldn't ask for it". "Have you EVER given a cat a bath before?" she asks. "Absolutely" I reply. "It's not really that hard". As we are walking through the store she looks at me and says, "Are you OK?" And this is what I WANTED to say, "No BIATCH, APPARENTLY I'M NOT OK, AND YOU JUST LOST THE FRICKEN SALE, WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER!". But thinking about the traffic (and I'm talking A LOT -imagine taking 20 minutes to drive 2/10ths of a mile), I said, "I'm fine, Kitty stinks, where is the shampoo".

I got the shampoo and off we went. Charlie wasn't too thrilled about how his new adventure was starting out, but after all... I AM the Queen of this house and he needed to know his place... as court jester.

At first, he was so cute and did quite well.

Then something reminded me of the movie Gremlins... NEVER, NEVER get them wet!



After a nice bath, his new Papa held him in a towel. See video below. (If you don't see the video, then YouTube dropped the ball) At first Pumpkin kept looking at me, wishing I would turn away so he could eat this new "snack". Afterall, Pumpkin does weigh in at 15.8 pounds and Charlie at 2.5 - you do the math.

We have been supervising their "visits" to make sure that Pumpkin doesn't accidently hurt his little friend. It has been going quite well. In fact, Pumpkin has been swishing his tail, and batting at Charlie with his huge marshmellow paws. He just isn't sure how to "play" with Charlie, because he is so much bigger than him. I would be willing to say that I think things are going to work out nicely...



Wouldn't you agree?
Booster will never be replaced. But a cat's broken heart is on the mend.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Awww. Wuzza Wuzza Keekee. What a cutie pie. I love the name. Looks like Charlie is fitting in great.

    ReplyDelete