Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ahhh the peace and quiet...

I did it. I have been threatening to do it for years now. Having 6 loads of laundry on a beautiful day such as this, I packed it all up and went to the laundromat. I had ALL of it washed within 45 minutes. It was a little pricey, but how can you put a price on your time?

There is something very peaceful about an empty laundromat. There was one other elderly man there and the woman that was working there. I went in, loaded the machines and had just enough time to quickly glance over my latest BHG magazine.

The dryers were another story. After putting in quite a bit of money, I finally decided to bring home the damp clothes to hang what I don't dry all the way, and the rest I will work through as the day progresses.

I also stripped our bed, cleaned it, turned it, (have you ever attempted to turn a KING size mattress by yourself? Hello 1-800-BAD-BACK? lol). Plus I took the skirt off of it, which now will be a comical event trying to put it back on. The top mattress must weigh all of 100 pounds or more. Plus Dennis is working today. Sheesh.... I feel like Laura!

Regardless, most of my laundry is done. A huge weight has been lifted. So I stand here at the kitchen counter, typing on the laptop, with a HUGE bowl (think party size from nearest grocery store) of fruit salad and "dip" to pick through... No TV. No Kids. No nothing... but the whirr of the dryer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 PM

    I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Why didn't you do my laundry? I'm going on 2 weeks here and have had to dip into the 2nd string rotation of clothes and underwear.

    ReplyDelete