Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What Do We Do With Her?



This is the EXACT thought that went through my head when we were being discharged from the hospital. Who in their right mind would let us take this precious little baby girl home from the hospital? How do they know that we are fit to be her parents? Are they nuts?


The day we were discharged, my thoughts proved to be true... My mom had to dress Emily for the first time. I was so used to her being in a hospital infant shirt and diaper, that I didn't know what to dress her in. Regardless, we figured it out quickly.


Emily was a GREAT baby. She was happy, and inquisitive. She loved shopping in Nana's cupboards. She would wear her little apron around to clean, and would regularly stop at the cereal cabinet for a quick snack... apron and all.


I always wished I could have gotten a picture of her pucker. She would pucker up and her top lip would easily touch the bottom of her nose. It was the sweetest pucker I have ever seen, and quickly outgrown.


We had 14 visits to the hospital in preterm labor with sweet Emily. In fact, we spent our second anniversary partly at Troy Beaumont due to contractions. I was SURE we would have her early... but we didn't. Emily was born exactly on her due date; May 30 1999 @ 9:28 am. 29 hours of labor only to have a C-Section. She is worth EVERY second of it.


Of all the gifts I received on our Anniversary, the greatest one of all is my children. I promised that I would be a good mother to them. I would help to raise them into respectful, confident and decent human beings. So far... so good.


Happy 8th Birthday to our sweet "Peepers"

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Why do you call her peepers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Happy Birthday Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call her Peepers because she has such BIG, Beautiful, Hazel eyes. She would "peep" at us when she was a baby. We call her a bunch of other things too... KeyCa, Gina (her middle name is Jean).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:44 AM

    I figured it had something to do with those eyes. Never have I seen eyes like that on a newborn! I remember you sent me a picture of her when she was born and I showed it to my mom and said "look at those eyes!"

    ReplyDelete