Sunday, May 13, 2007

As It Was In The Beginning, It Was In The End...

We got Booster in September 1997. The year we were married. The house was too quiet, and we needed a companion. What a wonderful boy. At the Humane Society, I picked him, because he was rubbing up against the door of the cage. We went into the little room and he proceeded to try and chew the buttons off my sweater. He was a keeper.


I brought him home. He was scrawny, had fleas and a respiratory infection to boot. We cleaned him up, medicated him and debugged him. What a quirky cat. He LOVED to get celophane wrapped candies out of the dish on the coffee table and would bring them to us in the middle of the night. We would throw them down the hallway and he would fetch them and bring them back.


When I would come home from work, he would hear the car pull up and would jump on the counter by the door. He would smash his head through the blinds to see me and couldn't wait for me to get through the door. He would instantly give me "brown sugar" (I called it that because he was orange). He still met us at the door to this day. He was our FIRST child.


When I left for the hospital to have Emily, I remember worrying that I didn't want him to lose his place in the family. He never did, although many times he gave me the "what were you thinking" look.


He came to be known as the speed bump in the hallway. You never went down the hallway at full speed, because he would be there. He learned to sit and shake his paw for a treat the way a dog would. He would beg for food from the dinner table.


We had a Cat/Dog. I never wanted a dog, because all dogs I had known, begged. How did I manage to get a cat that begged? Booster would spend hours watching the birds out the window and was very intrigued the first time we had a squirrel come to the door of our old house.


Booster could hear a can of cat food being opened from a mile away. He would wake up out of a dead sleep and come running for it. He would purr at the sound of Aunt Donna's voice when I put the phone up to his ear. You could hear him snoring from across the room.


This past year, he took an interest in sitting with me. It was the first time in his whole life that he actually liked to sit next to me and to snuggle. He would come running to the front door when it opened, because he loved to cook himself in the sunshine that it provided.


He was a wonderful pet. I loved him so much and will always. My heart is broken because today, on Mothers Day, I had to put him to sleep. He developed a bleeding disorder which I found when I awoke this morning. I took him in and there was nothing that could be done. He tried to meow to me when I spoke to him in the car, but nothing came out. He purred the whole way there which made this even harder.


I loved my sweet prince. I will miss each and every little thing he did, including watching over us at night while we slept.


Good Night sweet boy. I will always love you and will NEVER forget you.

Love Momma.






Booster Patrick Milobar
May 13, 2007

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:13 AM

    I can only imagine the pain you feeling right now. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:14 AM

    Your post made me cry. I'm so sorry you had to put your kitty to sleep. I love my pets so much -they are part of my family and I can tell you feel the same way about yours. I'm hurting with you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43 PM

    Oh, God. HUGE sympathy and *hugs*. I had to put my two "boys", PC and Wiz, butterscotch and gray/white cats, respectively, to sleep. And now we own The Squeaks, who is the Most Beautiful Calico Evar. And when it comes time to let her go, I don't know how I will bear it.

    Peace to you and your boy. He's at the Rainbow Bridge, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, I'm Katrina's friend - Janet, (crazyandlovingit blog). Your fur child looks exactly like mine. Your post made me cry and I want you to know that I will keep you in my thoughts. I'm so sorry that you had to do this on such a special day. Care and Love to all those in your family, JRo.

    ReplyDelete