Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Coming Around Again...

It's been a rough couple of days. I will be the first to admit that. My husband thinks I'm manic. I awoke at 5:40 this morning to what I would call an anxiety attack. I INSTANTLY missed Booster the moment I was conscious. I spent the next hour and a half crying about how I was second guessing what happened. OMG Did I murder my cat? This is the feeling that comes when you have to take your precious fur child to someplace other than his veterinarian.

I got online and chatted with Katrina while I could barely see the screen. I have been feeling horrendous over this. The anxiety, guilt and grieving have been unbearable. While chatting with her I began to feel better. I decided that I needed to talk to Dr. Ruiz @ The Kitty Clinic. Talking to the doc totally relieved me of the guilt I was feeling. I will spare you the details as you may be eating, but she basically said that Booster made it easy for us. There was no "guessing" on what day we should end his suffering. He went from being "OK" to critical in a matter of hours. There was no other choice to be made. I could not put a price on how she made me feel after that call.




Pumpkin (pictured in front w/white and orange fur) on the other hand is dealing with his own grief. He is a train wreck at the loss of his buddy. He hasn't been eating and did not use his litterbox in 24 hours. She made me an appointment for him.
Pumpkin and I arrived promptly at 1:30. He was a nervous wreck. His paws were sweating and the hair was falling out in clumps. She checked him out and said he looked pretty good for a kitty that hasn't eaten since Saturday night. She shot an appetite stimulant down his throat, then syringe fed him about 8 syringe loads of food. She warned of one side effect with the pills... Howling. The cat may start to howl like he is in pain, but he won't be. Great.
Dr. Ruiz gave me a hug and an angel kitty pin. She was very warm and comforting about what has happened. They really liked Booster there. Then again... they love all the kittys. Pumpkin is still walking around in a daze. He is a lost soul. We will get through this. I keep telling him we will because I know we will. It sucks, but we have to keep on living.
Thank you again for all of your warmth and support. I have some breathing exercises to do. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment