Wednesday, October 11, 2006

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program

Sorry for the big delay! I wanted to give Christian his own spotlight for a few days on the blog.

I can't believe it is already Wednesday. Where was I? There is a lot going on lately. We are getting ready for Mike's wedding to his Sweetheart, Mary Ann. I've been combing the area trying to find ivory colored shoes for Emily to wear. So far, no such luck. I've tried all the local favorites. Friday that will be my soul mission. Shoes and some sort of hair thing for her to wear, like maybe an ivory headband.

The E & G are doing great. I help out in E's class on Mondays. I was telling her teacher how Dennis gave Emily Algebra questions the other day, and without any prior instruction, she got all 25 correct with the exception of 1. Unbelievable. Her teacher said that Emily is beyond Second Grade level as far as math and spelling are concerned. She is so amazing, that I am excited to see what her future holds. They are currently trying to find more work for her to do, or something more challenging for her. She just whips through it, and it's all correct. I told her the other day that she has the handwriting of a doctor. I wonder if there is any correlation there, lol.

Today I did something I haven't done in a long time. I went to a college and checked into their nursing program. While I do have my degree from Macomb, it isn't in anything I would be interested in doing again. I just wish that I would have had this initiative to do it back then instead of going for my Degree as a Paramedic. Regardless, I am looking at Baker College, since the courses that they require, are in relation to the degree. Not Under Water Basket Weaving 101 for your PhD. lol.

I am quite pumped and need to discuss all information I found with the head honcho. I am hoping and praying I get the green light. Everyone send good karmic thoughts out. I have decided that I would like to do this, because right now, most of my friends that are also "Stay at Home Mom's" are starting to go back to work. I figure that with Greg at the age he is, by the time he goes to school full time, I will have all my pre-requisite's done, and will be entering the Nursing program for the 2 years. I am so excited, and ready to start this journey. Again, just have to clear it with DH.

On that note... I'm gonna run to my craft room to see what I can sell on Ebay!
Tootles!~

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Green light, Head Honcho....pertaining to DH? Here all of this time I was thinking you were Head Honcho, or at least shared the title!
    Curious to know if your Friday soul mission was a spiritual success??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Woah, too funny about the Handwriting! Our kid and the whole class must be heading in the direction of Med School! Why do they think 'chicken scratch' is so legible? There must be a book out, "Deciphering kids' Handwriting for Dummies". :>)

    ReplyDelete