Tuesday, October 03, 2006

So, Greg is very sharp. For the longest time, I was SO worried about him. I almost thought he had turrets, because he would say the most bizarre things. He would start talking, and Momma would start sweating. This summer, he renamed himself "Officer Charles". It's better than his previous name of "Drill".

Everyday, he gets off the bus and I ask him what he did in school. I get the standard answer EVERYDAY... "I didn't go to school, I rode around on the bus all day. We went through a parking lot".

So this past weekend, while scrapbooking at Emily's school, I spent a lot of time talking to one of my favorite teachers there, Mrs. Daniels. I told her about Greg and how he won't tell me what he is doing in school. She told me what to do. She said, "Instead of asking what he did, ask him what he liked best about school, and what he didn't like. I guarantee, he will start talking".

Pay Up Mrs. Daniels! Greg came home from school today and I did as she told me. I asked him, "Greg, what was your most favorite thing you did at school today?"

His reply..............., "LEAVE!".

Yep! He is his mothers child. I think it's time to call his teacher and ask EXACTLY what are they doing from day to day?

Tip of the day... "Never get your childs hair cut by someone that barely speaks English. Especially before a wedding!" Her hair looks fine, but I was sweating... moral to the story... it doesn't always pay to use a coupon to someplace you've never been. "

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:25 AM

    How funny!!! What a character.

    ReplyDelete