Monday, October 02, 2006

No Space For Rent

My senses are getting quite sharp. Ever get that weird pit in your stomach when you just KNOW something is going to happen? Worse yet, you have a general idea as to what it is, but again, it is just a gut feeling?

Yesterday a relative decided to take her bad day out on everyone within a 10 foot radius of her. No, she didn't come out swinging, but that would have been just the same. She managed to snap the head off anything that was vertical and breathing. The ironic thing is that when I was getting ready to go to the event, I KNEW something was going to happen, and I KNEW it was going to be along those lines. This is happening to me so much lately, that it's a little bizarre.

Then again, maybe it isn't my intuition, but more of a reality since family drama is running rampant in my family, at almost every gathering. It has become one of those situations, where some people need to be put at a distance, and others brought in closer.

In YOGA, there is a saying, "Namaste". It means "The light in me, honors and reflects the light in you". I am not a judgemental person, and try to see the light in everyone. It makes my life so much more pleasant, and in turn, it gives me such a positive attitude, because of those positive thoughts and feelings. It would be so nice if people would simmer down, and just be nice. My life is crazy enough that sometimes I feel like I should be hyperventilating into a paper bag. I have no space for rent in my head for family drama. I love my family, and apparently they must feel the same way about me as we are not cutting each other to shreds.

Enjoy the video below. It is quite cool, and it made me not only smile, but I was laughing by the end.

Thanks Trina for all the blogger tips!

1 comment: