Tuesday, January 29, 2008

State of the State

I admit. I have always been the first one to complain, when most times, I had no idea what was really going on. Did you watch the State of the State address tonight? For the first time in my life, I not only planned on watching it, I DVR'd it too. For years and years, I thought that it would be over my head. That they would be speaking a different language and that I wouldn't understand what they were talking about.

I am SO glad I watched. Because a lot of what Granholm discussed, had to do with MY family, and probably yours too. While you may remember my post a few months back about the new mall and how I thought I would end up in jail for making a comment about Granholm. Well, I have come to find that the state of our state isn't entirely her fault. We can thank good ole GWB for this sticking in the rear that he has given not only Michigan, but the entire country. This "war" that he has us involved in is costing trillions of dollars. Where do you think that money comes from? You and I my friend... and all of our neighbors. Jenny Granholm has done the best she could do in this situation. I feel bad for being so pissed at her, but it was because I was uneducated.

I would be willing to bet that most of my family, if not all of them, did not watch the State of the State. Even though this state is going through extremely difficult times, why wouldn't anyone want to watch to see what "happens next"? How can we sit there and complain, if we are going to sit there and watch everything else take place without knowing what the intentions were in the first place?

I am so happy that at this time in my life, I am taking a genuine interest in my government, and how it affects me, my family, my friends, and neighbors. I no longer feel dumbfounded about why things are happening, but more so that the light may be at the end of the tunnel. I am ready to make changes in my own life to help make a change in my world. And I'm starting with those little coily light bulbs that I despise so much. I admit that I have always hated the light that they give off, but my thought is that if I can use these in areas of the house that are not "hot zones" it is a start in the right direction.

I urge you to check out the State of Michigan Website and read up on Granholm's plans to pull us out of this mess. I am on board with her... FINALLY and am eager to see Michigan rise above this sucking sess pool we are currently in.

2 comments:

  1. Well I did not watch Jennifer Granholm, but I did watch GWB's state of the union. I also agree that he needs to be done. I kept thinking through the whole speech that he is an idiot. I am not sure if that is his fault or his staff but whatever the case I am ready for someone new to step in.

    I also felt that he just kept talking in circles. First he says that they are going to start this plan to boost the economy and they are not going to raise our taxes but then two seconds later he is talking about billions of dollors going into programs/grants/military. Hmmmmm...I don't really see the Big Brother cutting back on their costs so how exactely are those programs getting thier money! US, WE, YOU, and ME! It's really not all that fun being an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:53 PM

    O.K. since you said you'll bet that no one in your family watched the state of the state message you are wrong and where do I collect? I not only watched the state of the state but I watched the state of the union. I also have worked the polls for the last 5 years of elections. Plus I have volunteered to work and support a candidate for my local council.

    ReplyDelete