Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oh Thank You, Thank You!!!!

Omg my prayers have been answered. Ok, so occasionally I have posted a photo of a cake or two that I've attempted to decorate. While my skills scare me, but please others, there is NO cake supply shop around here.........Until now.

As I jump up and down in my seat I am so excited to announce that a new store has opened up. And not only is it near here... I don't even have to sit at a stop light to get to it!!!!!

Well, there is a store that isn't too far away, but I am a very big fan of "nice" when it comes to privately owned stores. The owner of the "other" store makes you feel stupid, and treats her customers as if they are putting her out by asking a question.
Today as I stalked the new store for the 10th time, I found it finally is open. And I went to it. And I LOVED it. And I am getting my list together because I have a Dora cake due this Saturday.
The new store has GREAT prices and get this... she even carries the cake mixes right there in the store! Now you may not realize how monumental this is, but to me, it tells me I can stay out of the local grocery store.
I am very excited about this... if you didn't notice. My awesome artist husband decorates many of my cakes too, so we are going to do fondant classes together. Watch out Ace of Cakes! lol.
I think I may do a wedding cake class too... to learn how to properly tier cakes. I'm so excited. lol. Ok going to go hyperventilate now!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:55 PM

    woo-hoo! That's great news. mmm cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm cake. I still remember how awesome the one was you made for Mel's shower. YUMMMMMOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete