Friday, January 04, 2008

Time to Get Crackin!

Notice the little thing on the side that tells who's been here? Suddenly I feel pressure. I always wondered who else read the blog besides the people that comment. Well now I know and apparently there are more people than I thought. Which means I better get crackin!

It's the first week of January and I can report that it has not been the best week, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been either. Both Emily and Greg have been sick. Emily started on New Years Eve with a high fever. When I say high fever, I mean over 103. Unfortunately I am not the type of person that starts handing out shots of Acetominophen or Ibuprofen for a 100 degree temp. One thing I have learned in my many years in the medical field... treat the child, not the thermometer. Plus I don't think a 100 degree temp warrants a medication. Back in the day before the meds, your body had to actually do what it was built to do... fight off infection.

Well, unfortunately we have gone through almost an entire bottle of both meds this week... on both kids. After Emily suffered 72 hours of the high fever, I made the doctors appt for both kids. As you probably know, Monkey See, Monkey Doo. (I need to teach my kids to stop licking door knobs, lol) First the doc looked at Emily. "WOW!" he stated, "her right ear is REALLY infected!" "So is her other ear". Yep... start polishing my trophy for Mother of the year... and it's only the second of January. He leaves the room then returns shortly. "She has strep throat too".

Amoxicillin x 2 please. Yep. Both little people are on antibiotics. Another holiday in the trenches. They were to return to school yesterday however they were both still out due to fevers. Luckily Emily has turned the corner, and went to school today. Greg on the other hand, has been up all night still running a fever. But I did tell bedsore boy at 10 am today that he HAS to get out of bed eventually. He needs a bath desperately. Plus I need him better so I can get his haircut. He is beginning to look like one of the Hanson Brothers. Hence the name Beaudreaux for his bouffant hair doo that he sometimes fancies.

On a happier note today I have a lunch date. I am meeting up with Lynn Ann after 8 LONG years. She and I worked (if you would count that as working) together at Crittenton Hospital. We pulled some horrendous tricks on each other. She put my car up for sale once... as it sat in the front parking lot next to University Drive. I put surgilube on her secretary phone. She put over 100 signs in my front yard... I dumped powder into her vents and turned her air on HIGH so that when she stared her car, it would look like a flour bomb exploded into her car. While I left Crittenton on my own, I am shocked that she and I were not asked to leave prior. Did I mention that one year McDonalds had some sort of fish theme on their Happy Meals, so we turned one of the doc's cars into a fish bowl? Yep. We're meeting up for lunch today at Olive Garden. And I am very excited about it.

Have a GREAT January 4th everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment