Friday, January 04, 2008

Spinster

I used to call her Lynnster, but from my other post, you can see why I used to refer to her as Spinster. What a GREAT lunch! I laughed so hard at one point that surely I thought Sterling Heights Fire Department would be coming to remove the remnants of a breadstick from my gullet. She is EXACTLY the same. And I was worried. It has been 8 years since I have seen Lynn Ann. For some odd reason, after having Emily I was a little "mal-adjusted". Instead of introducing my baby to my life, I adjusted my life around my baby. In the process, I lost contact with quite a few people. I was a bit "off". Or maybe I was "off" to begin with.

Anyway, it was amazing to see her today and to see photos of her kids. The eldest of the two, is shown in a photo, casually putting the angel on the top of their very tall tree, while standing on the floor. He and his brother look EXACTLY the same as they did before, just taller, and older versions of themselves. And the stories... omg the stories. I'm so relieved that I'm not the only one with quicky, witty children. The stories she told me confirmed that my kids aren't the only ones that regularly make me feel old and stupid.

I wish I would have taken a photo of she and I together to show all of you, but I was so caught up in the moment and forgot to take my camera along. Rest assured... if I ever get the courage to tell her EXACTLY where I live, there will be photos. But mostly of her with incriminating evidence of course. Buenos Noches!

2 comments: