Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sex and the River

Last night we had a GREAT time at a Tastefully Simple Awards dinner. Although I was not the recipient of any awards, we had an awesome time. Den and I haven't had a night out together in MONTHS!! Maybe even since last summer!

We consumed a lot of "specials" - drinks that the bartender made up called "Sex on the Clinton River". We had to laugh as it didn't appear to be murky, nor were there any body parts, but it was quite delicious. And drinking... I started thinking about it. Those who know me well, know that I'm not a big drinker. Yet on Dec 28th, I managed to consume 5 bottles of wine with Donna, on this past friday 2 bottles of this AWESOME wine with Helen. I did a wine in review on the Muscato she brought. It is a stellar pick. Then last night those sex drinks. OMG... my liver, lol. Let's just say that it was a very delicious Holiday for me.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 PM

    LOL. "Sex on the Clinton River" You are a brave woman. There is no way in heck I could bring myself to try that one! And this is from a woman who has drank a "Hairy Buffalo" Glad your holidays have been full of cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I think that I just peed a little bit reading the phrase "Hairy Buffalo". Do tell what is in it??

    ReplyDelete