Sunday, January 20, 2008

Nothing New...

No new news on the homefront this week. Little drama at work regarding a babyshower, chiefs and indians. Oh - I guess I am more "sensitive" than I thought when it comes to laundry detergent. Always made me itch a bit. Suddenly my little scratches turned into major hives, a steriod shot in the booty and a weeks worth of Methylprednisone. It started with a quick trip to Costco. I thought that the "burn" I was feeling was a great workout with a buggy full of crap. Instead it was hives covering my body. That was nice. It has been a very bizarre week, but everything seems to be under control now.

HOWEVER.... I must say that the steroids are making me a bit..... shall we say.... OFF? Have you ever taken this stuff? OMG... sometimes I can't stand myself! I will be fine one moment, then 2/10ths of a second later, I've just snapped someone's head off. NOW I see what my DH went through a few years ago. I begged and begged the doctor to take him off the steroids, because he was snappy (like I am now), he couldn't sleep (kept turning on the TV because apparently if he couldn't sleep, no one else was allowed to either) which I might add is not a problem for me because sleeping is my FAVORITE past time. He was just not himself and now I can sympathize. Just took me a couple years to experience it myself.

It was a good thing I went to Costco that day, because I bought my old favorite laundry soap. Kirkland Brand Free and Clear big ole bottle for $11. Helloooooo Luva! So as of this moment, I am itch free.

Yes. My life is boring at this moment, but at least my bit o' drama may bring someone else joy. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Just another day in paradise right!!! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:03 PM

    ouch, I'm like with pretty every laundry detergent and it stinks. And so do steroids. The insomnia will come (sorry) and with it so will food cravings (sorry again)

    I spent 2 years on steroids and remember being sooo mad that my mom would drive to the waterford taco bell for me (brighton didn't have one yet)

    so yeah, they pretty much make one totally unreasonable. (at least that was my experience)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on steriods and allergy shots for two years and it destroyed my health. I gained over 70lbs and had the appetite of a lion not to mention the laundry list of other things that started going funky with me. That was the reason I started seeing Barbra in the first place.

    Just be careful with them because steriods combined with any amount of stress are a deadly combo.

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete