Monday, October 08, 2007

Who's Who...

So I received an email today from one of my blurkers. Like myself and the rest of you, we have all been stalking Katrina's website for the latest on Julia. So my blurker emailed me and asked how I know Katrina. So in my reply to her, I realized that many of you don't know how I know other people that I write about.

Today we are going to start with Katrina and Kraig since they have been on ALL of our minds lately.

Katrina~
Katrina and I went to elementary school together. When we were 10, she got leukemia. I will NEVER forget the day her mother called to break the news to us. Regardless, we continued to play regularly and spent hours and hours sliding down their deck stairs in the winter, then warming up over a plate of Pizza Rolls. I still can't eat them w/o thinking of her. I always "cheers to us" when I eat one!
In 7th grade, I moved away and we lost contact. After 21 years we saw each other again this past December when the girls and I trekked off to Chitown to see Katrina and meet her awesome and hysterically funny husband Kraig. This guy is a scream.... talking about screams. While we were freezing our butts off, walking down Michigan Avenue, we approached a gaggle of young women. As we walked through them, Kraig screamed at them and scared the crap out of them. (You can only do that in the middle of the night in Chicago and get away with it. We along with the gaggle were laughing) It was hilarious! Read more about our reunion at these spots on her blog:
See all of our Chicago photos in the slide show! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment