Sunday, October 07, 2007

I Miss Fall.

What happened to fall? Talk about global warming! This weather is getting on my nerves. Yes... yet another thing bugging me. I can't stand the heat and I'm not even in the kitchen! I WANT my windows open, but want to be able to breathe while they are open too!

Yesterday we went to the 9th annual fall party down at Den's cousins. They live between Fermie 2 and Lake Erie. You can see both from their yard. As always we had a FABULOUS time, and lots to eat. BTW... I have a stellar cake recipe to share. I'll post it the next time I make it. I just can't make it here because I can't keep it here. I will eat THE WHOLE THING. So back to what I was saying...
We LOVE going to K & J's party. He's a chef and the food is ALWAYS out of this world. I have NEVER eaten a thing I didn't totally love. She is a teacher. Between she and he's sister (does that even make sense), they always come up with GREAT crafts for the kids. Then the kids take a ride in the hay wagon, to go get pumpkins out in the pumpkin patch. They LOVE this whole shebang. We do too! Normally... on a typical fall day, the kids all wear their costumes to do their crafts and to go get pumpkins. But being that it was 88 degrees, that didn't happen... except Greg did wear his vampire cape... with a blue tank top and blue shorts, :o)


My favorite part of this is the huge fire pit area he built in the back yard. I swear it looks like something straight out of Better Homes and Gardens. It is a very large area surrounded by a split rail fence. The only way in is through the arbor, which has seats inside and is covered in a vine. The fence is lit up by white twinkling lights at night. That with the addition of the fire inside make it such a warm and welcoming atmosphere... except when it isn't 88 degrees.

It was a great time... but next year, I wish for it to be a bit cooler. So at least the kids can wear their costumes.



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 PM

    OMG, that is the most awesome fire pit I have ever seen. What a cool idea. This weather is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the weather. Unseasonally appropriate weather gets me off kilter. Plus I love the cool crisp fall weather. We were going to take the kids to the cider mill on Saturday but couldn't bring ourselves to do it. Being at the cider mill when it's 90 degrees out just doesn't seem right. Looks like fall is going to be here on Wednesday though!

    ReplyDelete