Monday, January 01, 2007

Fresh & New...

I LOVE this time of year. I feel so... renewed. Last night Dennis worked, so the kids and I went to the haus of Solomon to celebrate the incoming of 2007. We stayed overnight. For Christmas, I gave Donna a handmade scrapbook showcasing the beauty of her gardens. She always complains about not having enough time to weed, or do whatever it is she does out there. Regardless, I LOVE her flower beds, and to show her what I see, I took lots of photos of her flowers this year and presented them to her the way I see them. She was very touched. She is a wonderful friend. I am so lucky to have her in my life.

In return, she gave me a very personal gift. I think it's personal because this year I have a goal. It is not only a "personal" one, but it effects my family too. I want to become a healthier person, and to get my family eating better too. Eating more natural things, instead of the artery clogging poisions they are putting in foods in the way of food preservatives. I love my family and I love my life. I can't imagine something happening to me that would leave my children without a Mom. Or us being without a Husband & Daddy. I worry about life threatening illnesses affecting my family, and feel that something needs to be done now, before they are right on the doorstep.

So starting this month... we are eating out less (our goal is 1 meal out as a family and NO stops for Fast Food - Ever see "Supersize Me" ? I am cooking more and not only that, I'm going to start cooking things in a healthy way. For that, Donna gave me a cookbook that I really wanted... The Sonoma Diet Cookbook. I am eager to look through it and to get started on this journey. I want my family to be healthy and the same for myself.

It is a New Year... Everything is new and fresh. It is a "do over". It will be a new spring, a new summer, and everything that happens this year will be a chance for a fresh start at a better life. I am very excited and ready for this change. As Emily heads off for a Ding Dong, she is telling me she is NOT ready for this change, lol.

I hope this year brings you everything you could ever want and more. I wish for all turmoils in your life to seem like tiny little bumps in the road, and that you are able to see past the negatives into what can be. Remember, that when things are bad, it may only be for a moment. Tomorrow you may be looking back thinking... that wasn't so bad. Keep your head up and remember... instead of placing judgement on others, be sure to see the positive side of them.

The light in me honors and reflects the light in you.... Namaste

Ironic that The Daily Om for today states the same way I am feeling today...
To many, the coming of a new year represents an opportunity to begin again. It is a time to step off of dead-end paths in order to create a fork in the road, disassociating from the old, and aligning with fresh possibilities. Harnessing the power of this transformative energy is a matter of truly believing that resolutions can conquer past patterns. If we believe we are capable of changing our lives, we are more apt to believe that we are capable of leaving our mistakes behind. Our dedication, which might otherwise falter, is buoyed by hope.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Love this post! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete