Saturday, January 13, 2007

Somebody slap me please....

Today I went to the doctors office to train on the computers. After 1 day of being there I'm asking myself... WHAT AM I THINKING?! Am I completely out of my mind? School and now a new job? Holy ****! The saving grace that I am holding onto, is the fact that there will probably be times that we are sitting for quite along time between patients. Not to mention that I will be working with Doctors and PA's. Just the tutors a girl needs in my quest!

It is very wild to be a patient in that office and to then see the other side. When we started going there, Emily was 1.5 years old. There were four doctors in the practice. They had paper charts in a rack that sat up by the front desk. Now, there are about 14 Doctors, 6 phone room people answering 28 phone lines, computers everywhere. It is insane. I love it. I love our Doctors because they are fresh, aggressive, and on the cutting edge of the latest technology and treatment plans. They are flexible with treatments and not so quick to pull out the prescription tablet before finding another "method". During their "transition" from not automated to automated, they had a MAJOR glitch with their phone system. I actually sent in a fax telling him that we were all sick. We had green "goo" and went on with the symptoms. Our amazing doc called in prescriptions without even seeing us. What a wonderful guy. Had my mom not been in Intensive Care at the time, we would have gone to see him, but it wasn't totally possible at that moment.

Anyway, that is the scoop. Oh.. the third practice is scheduled to open next week, however the IT people haven't been there and they can't function without computers. So that looks to be pushed back. The Urgent Care has a start date of 2/1, but they are hoping to push that back too. They would rather lose money and open when they are "ready" rather than rush it. I'll keep you posted.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.... Psy 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment