Thursday, January 25, 2007

Let's Call Him Chuckie

At least that is what Emily wanted to name Greg when he was born. After Jeannie passed away 2 years ago, we inherited a lot of her personal belongings. One of which is a wooden box, that has a photo frame in the top of it. Tonight Emily was going through the box looking at all of Grandma's photo's. When she came across the one of her Grandpa, I noticed that she has his eyebrows. We never did meet him. He passed away in 1992, before I had met Dennis. I always wonder what our relationship would have been like. I have a feeling that we would have gotten along GREAT!

Speaking of Terrance (he does have a name), Dennis was speaking about his Dad today and during his compliments to his father, I suddenly saw his Dads face (in my mind). What does that mean? Was it me just picturing him or was he there? It was almost surreal.

Something else happened to me today that makes me want to reach for the nearest paper bag to hyperventilate into. We are having a Superbowl Party. This is Mr. Disconnected's party. That could also be why he is here, but not "here". So some people have been asking if kids were allowed to come. Our kids will be here and if people can't find anyone to watch them, they are more than welcome to come... (some kids are ALWAYS invited because we know they are great kids). So while waiting for said Chuckie's bus to come, Dennis was talking to a co-worker on the phone. Mr. Co-worker is bringing his 3 horrendous children to the party. He didn't even ask if he could. He just blurted it out to Den. I could have dug my nails into the dashboard (we were waiting in the car as it is well below freezing here.

Flashback to last year... While everyone was having a great time watching the Superbowl downstairs, their children were jumping on my living room furniture, they were in my bedroom and had knocked everyone's coats onto the floor, they destroyed both Emily and Greg's rooms, and they were fighting. I spent our party babysitting other peoples kids, or shoving them down the stairs to find their parents rather. I told Dennis NO WAY! I am NOT dealing with this again. The kids were extremely disrespectful of my home, and my childrens feelings (about their rooms). So... this year, Den is keeping all the toys out downstairs and is going to make a little area for them to play. All children are to stay with their parents or play downstairs. PERIOD. The QUEEN has spoken, and trust me. You think this is mean... YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!

No comments:

Post a Comment