Monday, January 08, 2007

Help Wanted...

I've come to a realization while driving to my English class today. I don't believe there are any Starbucks in Clinton Township. I would have given anything for a Gingerbread or Pumpkin Spice latte, but the nearest starbucks was out of the way.

So, for any of you that are looking for a niche... if you are in danger of being laid-off, or if you are a stay at home mom looking for something to do.. I urge you, open up a Starbucks Franchise on Garfield Road. If you know Starbucks, you have to know it will be lucerative and your dear old friend and/or sister (Mark & Pattie) will definitely be a good customer!

Today was my first English Class. It is very wild to return to college at this age. The last time I set foot through a college door was in 1994. When I stood at the front of the classroom doing my introduction, as we were all required to do, and made that statement, there were gasps coming from all over. By my returning to college, I have raised the age of Mrs. Barbara Haggerty's English Comp 101 by about 16 years. Approximately 15% of the class are people my age, and the rest have just gotten out of high school. Oh the joy.

I must say that it was very interesting to sit in that class today. The teacher has a quirky sense of humor which I throughly enjoyed. Comments were flying from all corners of the room on how bizarre this woman is, while I sat there just smiling and engrossed in her every word.

On the way out the door, Mr. 30 something-year-old Ford Buyout guy that I sat next too says, "She's nuttier than a fruitcake". This coming from a man that has taken this class, then Comp II, but has to repeat this class to get a higher grade.

The funny thing is that I can see myself making the same comments about 16 years ago, but today... I thought she was pretty cool. I think this is going to be a fun semester. Besides... It could be a WHOLE lot worse!

Now I'm off to find a "Functionalism for Dummies" book.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 AM

    Starbucks does not have franchises. No can do. :>(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:52 PM

    I'm pretty sure all Starbucks are corporately owned. The only way you can open one is if it is inside another business i.e a Meijer, a Target, a bookstore etc...

    Just a little toilet trivia!

    ReplyDelete