Sunday, January 07, 2007

Hook, Line and Sinker...

Microsoft got me. Yesterday, I worked very hard on my homework for my online class, then we went to a birthday party for Shelby. I saved my work on my little memory stick. When we returned, I plugged it in and pulled up my work. Thanks to Microsoft, it was completely locked. I couldn't access it at all. I could see it, but not move it, copy it, delete it. Nothing.

Out came the credit card and I bought the student/teacher verison of Microsoft Office. For $149, I must say that I now feel it was money well spent. I was able to work with my school work and get it all in on time. I still am not liking that company because of their ethics, but some of my hostility comes from dealing with the people at HP as well. Why on earth would they sell a program when you build your computer, that would force you to get a new full version of that same program?

Regardless of whatever their answer is... my mind is at ease on the laptop. Once the disk comes with the other information, I am going to try and put it on the home computer. I did call the family computer geek, and he wasn't sure what was happening, although I think with his current position at work, he is less up to date than before. If things keep acting goofy, I will most definitely be calling the friend -computer geek guy. He works wonders.

I would just like to add one more thing to put things into perspective. Our New Years resolution as a family included the following things: We will only eat out 1 time per month, as a family. There will be no stopping to "grab" something, and definitely NO fast food. Period. There will also be NO impulse buying. We are trying to save more money now, and of course, the computer is acting goofy, Microsoft was trying to get blood out of a rock, and oh... Thursday the garage door opener broke. A company is coming to install a new one tomorrow.

I need a good yoga class.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    LAUGH! :) I am sure the family computer geek is very relieved that they have been taken off the emergency 24 hour call list...

    ReplyDelete