Friday, January 12, 2007

Dietary Confinements...

It appears that a lot of us are on the same bandwagon with diet. (See comments from yesterdays post) Yesterday I took the kids to a birthday party at Pump it Up. Afterwards there was pizza and chocolate cake. Who in their right mind can resist chocolate cake? Well I did it. I didn't eat the pizza and I avoided the chocolate cake. In fact, the meer sight of the chocolate cake reminded me of the tremendous heartburn I've been having this week. I'm not having it any longer thanks to Emily's stockpile of Prilosec she is no longer taking.

Today in Emily's lunch I packed... PB & J, the jelly is from Tastefully Simple, the Strawberry Rhubarb spread that has less sugar than traditional jelly. A fruit cup packed in juices. A juicy juice (I even checked the label to make sure there was no high-fructose anything in it, and a small treat. When I see what kids bring into lunch (when I'm there), it is flooring. No wonder they come back from lunch all buzzed up. I am very careful to make sure they aren't eating a bunch of junk. When Emily, the resident junk food junkie, asks for a piece of candy or a treat, my first response is... how many pieces of fruit & veggies have you eaten today? She then knows she has to opt for a better choice.

Greg on the other hand is a GREAT eater. He will choose tomatoes over anything else. In fact, yesterday at the birthday party, he didn't want cake. He loves veggies, loves peppers, onions, tomatos. He's a great eater and we give him everything we eat, because he will eat it. We've also had to train Emily not to "Yuck my Yum".

Conner, who lives next door is a good eater. All of their kids are. He used to take tomatoes with lemon pepper to school in his lunch until a little girl yucked his yum. After that, he stopped. I had a little chat with him and apparently he is taking them again. Kids can be so bad.

Anyway, I have A LOT on my plate for today. I have lots of reading and writing between my two classes. Dennis is at work for 72 hours. He went in yesterday and won't be home until Sunday morning. I am training at the doctors office for my new job at the Urgent Care, which is slated to start Feb 1? I question it because if everything had been on schedule with the build-out and all, I would have been working since the beginning of December. Even now, I am hopeful that it won't start until after Feb 9th... which is when our house guests will be leaving.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment