Thursday, January 04, 2007

First day of school...

Today was my first day of school in my online class. I fulfilled all requirements for the day. It is a 6 week online class of psychology. By Saturday, I have to read 46 pages, which is 2 chapters and do the online work. I have 20 pages all done.

In the middle of all my school work, I also had to deal with Hewlett Packard 5 times and Microsoft twice. It seems that the program that I purchased with the laptop, that has Microsoft word on it is only a "trial" version according to HP. I can't understand how they can charge $60 for a "trial version" of anything. So I think I was calling Bombay repeatedly today.

During all of this I was also chatting with Katrina, who does techincal support. She was trying to help the best she could. It was literally a nightmare. Not to mention that Microsoft wants to charge $35 just to talk to you. I never did pay it. I can't understand how it is that you can buy their product, then you have to buy their support for their product. That makes me crazy - sick!

So the jist of today's blog... the internet can sometimes suck, and for school work... I keep hearing how "hard" online courses are. I'll let you know when I hit that point. Intense yes, but hard? hardly.

I am trying to remain optimistic. I am still on my healthy resolution for the New Year. Today I broiled Asparagus in my Toaster Oven. OMG... It was fabulous! I coated it in olive oil, then used kosher salt, little garlic, and fresh ground pepper. I did mushrooms too. When they were fork tender, they all got cut up and put into an omlette with a little shredded cheddar. YUMMO! I also have not had any soda at all since New Years Eve. I am very excited about that, because I am a big time Coca Cola addict! Just can't get enough!

And that my friends is my scoop of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment