Tuesday, January 30, 2007

One Red Hot Night!

I LOVE a good bargain. If you know me personally, you know my kids need for nothing because I am all about the clearance racks. I already have Greg's summer clothes for next year because Childrens Place had shirts and shorts for just over $1 each, right before Christmas. Wahoo!

While sitting in the doctors office yesterday with Beaudreaux who has some awful infection (sinusitis), I noticed he has a hole in his sock.... on top of his foot. How do you get a hole there? So while waiting for his antibiotics to get filled, we went to Target for new socks. 14 pair to be exact. All because of one hole. I promptly got my "chops busted" when I came home. My brother thinks I'm nuts because I got a deal! How can you pass that up?

My brother, Mike & Mary Ann are in from Greece. They found a house in South Carolina, and then came up here for a vacation. They are closing on the home after they go back next week.

So back to the bargains... This Saturday, we have a benefit dinner to go to. Shelby Township Firefighters are having their annual "Red Hot Night". This is a swanky event at Cherry Creek Country Club. All proceeds benefit the Great Lakes Burn Camp for Kids. http://www.greatlakesburncamp.com

Mike & Mary Ann are going with us. So Mary Ann and I went dress shopping today. JcPenny was our first stop. What amazing deals they had! Mary Ann found a stunning floor length gown in a very light blue/turquoise. It is beautiful... and on sale! She picked up a stellar deal on a shawl too. It was $48, but was on sale for 75% off. Well, when it rang up, one of the cashiers blurted out a code, and whatever it was... it gave her like 95% off the shawl! She ended up paying just over $3 for it, lol.



My dress is RED. It is floor length, strapless with a matching red wrap that goes around my shoulders. It was marked $100, but on sale for $70. Great deal... but that's not the best deal I received today... I have been in desperate need of a winter dress coat. I found a full length Gray Wool dress coat. It was regularly $239. I picked it up for a stellar... $53! Problem solved!


We were so excited about our deals. Dennis and Mike are going shopping Thursday. Saturday is the big event, then Sunday is the Superbowl Party. What a weekend it will be!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Red Hot Mama! Love the dress. Great score on the bargains. They didn't JC Penney's in downtown Chicago. Isn't that weird?

    ReplyDelete