Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas......

Today Emily and I went to see Irving Berlin's White Christmas, at the Fox Theater. We went with Genevieve, and her two girls. We dined at the fabulous Johnny Rockets for lunch, then went on to the show.

We LOVED the show. It was beautiful, captivating, funny, and oh so entertaining. I sincerely hope it comes back again next year. The dancing was amazing and energetic, and the storyline easy enough for a child to follow. The costumes were breathtaking too.

I wasn't going to tell what happens at the end, because I wanted it to be a surprise for any of you that may go in the future, but honestly, by looking at their website, (click the link above), I'm not sure if it will come back to Detroit to tour. I feel very lucky that we were able to see it while it was here. At the very end, they are all dressed in Christmas Red. Betty and Bob got together (I later found out that they are married in real life). And the entire cast is singing, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas". They invite the audience to sing with them and suddenly it is snowing inside the entire Fox Theater. It was AMAZING! Everyone just went nuts! To look around and feel like you are inside a snowglobe is an unbelievable experience. If it comes back to Detroit next winter, we are DEFINITELY going, and hopefully you will too.



1 comment: