Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ain't Ain't a word...

I am totally LOVING school. Things have started to even themselves out and life is good. I am doing very well and believe it or not, my psychology class is almost over. I am really going to miss it. It has been fun.

For both of my classes, writing papers is a major part of it. With that comes the need for excellent grammatical skills, which I hope I possess. I was sent this one day and I love it. When I'm reading some of the things that fellow students write in my classes, they sound fine until you hit a word that is misspelled or means a completely different thing. So here it is... enjoy!

I have run into the definitely/defiantly one before as well as someone who had their dog "berried" in a cemetery, people who do not "no" the difference and take things for "granite", grandparents who have "pasted" away, people who are satisfied "costumers" at a store, people who do "coarse" work at school, dogs that are "bread" to have puppies, work that people "redue" and the ever popular taking a village to "raze" a child. I am sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind. They often make me smile -- I think because I can so easily visualize things like a dog being "berried."

In the words of my sister..."Use that Blahsmic Vinegar stuff".

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Sometimes I drive myself(and others) crazy with my constant "checking" of things I read, or things I hear.
    Some of the ones that make me cringe are:
    I should have went.
    I am going over to there house.
    Can I go too the store to?
    She don't have no teeth.
    There are many soldier's in Iraq.
    The fox lives in it's den.
    I can't here you.
    I should have saw that coming.
    I seen the snow on the road.
    UGH!!!!!
    My 9th. grade English teacher, Sister Sharon, would chop heads off for these things!!!

    ReplyDelete