Monday, November 06, 2006

Workin for the weekend?

Remember that song... Workin for the Weekend. It may not be the title, but it is in the song... I look forward to the weekends. It is time to chill, do laundry, clean stuff that has piled up over the week.

This weekend was insane. Friday is a blurr. I can't even remember what we did. Saturday, Greg had a birthday party at Bouncin' kids. That place was a riot. The adults are even allowed to go on the bouncy things. They had mazes, obstacle courses and such. They should open these places up as exercise gyms for adults. I was physically exhausted after playing with him there. We had the BEST time.

Saturday night I went on a road rally. That was just a scream. We had so much fun. By the end of the night I had such a sore throat from all the running, laughing, screaming (we were all panicked and screaming at each other as the big red Clifford Mobile hauled ass down the road). We came in close to last place, but it was so much fun, we're looking forward to next year. There were a couple people in our car that haven't done it before, and a couple of people that had actually won them before, so it was a nice mix. We had a blast. I will be sure to post when next years is. All are invited.

Yesterday, the kids and I went to Mass. I told Greg that if he weren't good, we would sit through the next mass, and the one after that until he got it right. He was so amazing, that before it even started, he told me to shush as I was talking to Emily. lol. He was VERY good. He's looking forward to next Sunday already. I don't know why I don't go to church more. I really enjoy being there. There is something very warm, and welcoming about it to me.

We flew home, changed our clothes, then went to my nephew Chase's birthday party. He is 8 already! I can't believe it. We had a GREAT time bowling. Dennis was bowling the game of his life. I would be willing to believe that he would have EASILY gotten over 200.... had the damn game not shut off in the middle of it! He was SO PISSED, but laughing. It was unbelievable that this happened. They apparently put it in wrong when he paid. Shelby bowled a 137. Amazing for a chic that's only 6! She used bumpers, but regardless. I can't do that on a bumpered lane, even if I don't hit the bumpers. It was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. Audrey, who bowls on a league, couldn't bowl to save her life yesterday. Probably too hung over from the bowling night before, ;o)

Anyway, here I am, listening to the whirr of my washing machine, and thinking I better go get that white turtle neck out of the dryer before it shrinks. The Man and I are thinking of running to Costco for Milk ($7 for 3 half gallons in cartons), and other stuff. It's a good day. It's beautiful outside.... and the kids are at school! Wahooo!!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:36 PM

    Hmmmmm. I'm thinking 7 dollars for 3 half gallons isn't a good deal....or is it just me?
    Has to be a typo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good deal because of the following reasons...

    Milk in the plastic containers loses it's vitamins because the light can penetrate the container. It literally destroys them. The milk in the cartons, does not lose it's vitamins because the light can not penetrate it.

    Milk in the carton at Farmer Jack is $2.99 per half gallon. 3x3 is $9.00, so 3 for $7 is a good deal to me. If I'm going to drink milk because it's healthy, I sure as hell want the vitamins that come with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:25 PM

    Get outta Dodge! OK so we aren't getting any vitamins. Guess maybe we'll start digging toward the back of the shelf for our milk! I wonder if there are any "milkmen" still around, with the glass bottles? FYI: being out in the sun will give you Vitamin D......but wear your sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:30 AM

    Are you so sure that cow's milk is healthy? Just playing the devils advocate ;)
    Also, you can get organic cow's milk at Meijer for about $3/per half gallon also in a carton. It's supposed to lack all the added hormones of regular cow's milk which is better for your skin and won't make little girls hit puberty at 6. (okay - that's an exaggeration - but you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is Kirkland Organic Lowfat Milk.

    ReplyDelete