Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What a day! Recipe included...

Omg, I am so exhausted. Literally. Just wiped out. Greggo had some issues last night. He woke up twice from nightmares. At 6, I finally let him get in our bed. Choose your battles, I say. Then I was up by 7 and in the shower. Comcast dude was coming to install a digital phone system. He was so nice! I was asking him about our wireless router and said that we were looking into getting a laptop. The last Comcast dude that came over, took out the router and was a jerk about it. This guy got it connected, up and running in a matter of moments. I tipped him some cold cash for doing it, as Best Buy would have charged me over $100 to come do it. WAHOOO!!!

I ordered the Dell. I just decided that I would rather know it is on it's way, rather than stand outside of Best Buy waiting for what could be.... nothing. I'm still thinking of going shopping on Friday with Donna and Suzy, but am not really in the market for anything. Maybe I'll finish our Christmas shopping, ;o)

I had my interview today at the Beaumont Building... OH MY, MY...

Granite countertops, stone faced walls, glass doors, plasma TV's in every room... For those of you waiting with baited breath to find out where it's going to be... When you are driving down Hall Road, heading west, and you look over at the building. It is going to be on that south side of the bldg. That WHOLE side. The urgent care is connected to the practice that is going in (our doc is putting a 3rd practice there), via a door. The practice will have 18 beds. When the practice is closed, we will use it for overflow of the urgent care.

They said that they are to have the keys by December 1. I laughed.... Unless they are working 24/7, there is no way. Regardless, it is going to be stunningly beautiful. They are trying to appeal to the neighborhood crowd. Trust me. They'll do it.

The PA I met with is the medical director. He said my credentials are exactly what they are looking for. I have the job, but he needs to go to the partners on it first. But, I pretty much have the job as "Steve" (or doc) says so, lol. I'm so excited but very nervous too. I have to make this work.

So, that's what happened today. And now for the recipe:

Emeril's Red Rooster's
1 1/2 qts cranberry juice cocktail
1 (6-ounce) can frozen Orange Juice Concentrate Thawed
2 Cups Vodka
Combine all ingredients in large plastic container. Freeze for several hours.
It will not freeze solid, but rather a slushy consistancy.
Scoop into punch cups or wine glasses and serve.
We all like this and have made it for the past couple years.
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment