Monday, November 27, 2006

Funny how that worked out!

So today the laptop I ordered from Dell was to be delivered. I got online, and went to their website to track it. Funny. They had no order on file for me. I have a receipt sitting here that I printed off. How can they not have the order? Before I go any further... I must say... when I asked my friend Katrina (she's in tech support) about them, she went on and on of how she let me say... "dislikes" them. She likes her computers she has from them, but CAN NOT STAND dealing with their techincal support which is conveniently located in another country.... about a 27 hour flight from here. She had a lot to say, and I must admit. It did put a seed of guilt in my mind.

But! To be fair, I had to consult with a couple of other people. They did nothing but rave about Dell. So... the price was right, the two had positive votes, 1 negative... the price was right so I went for it. After days and days of searching for the right one, learning about laptops, the search was finally over. I was very excited.

So today, imagine my reaction when I found out that they had no order on file for me. I gave them all the information I had, and even told them that I was on the fence between the Dell and the HP. I asked if they would honor the Black Friday deal. No deal. They wouldn't do it. The going price was now $504, no free delivery, no free printer. Whammo. I lost out.

As I sat here, instant messaging Katrina, she laughed. Well not a sarcastic laugh, but an (I knew I hated Dell for a reason, Laugh). She said it was a sign. I called Jason... not knowing what Katrina said, he says, "It's a sign". lol. He chuckled too, knowing what I went through for them to do this to me.

So HOORAY for CYBER MONDAY!!! It couldn't have happened on a better day. Jason started rattling off names of computer companies. I wrote them down. HP, Compaq (I now know they are the same company), Gateway (the one with the cow), etc. So I went to HP's website. They had a gazillion laptops on sale.

In a nutshell to wrap this up because I'm getting carpal tunnel, I got the HP. I got it LOADED with everything I could need on it, A free Printer, Upgraded RAM, Upgraded Hard Drive, Software, $330 in rebates......... all for less than Dell wanted for their Black Friday Special.

Now that's what I call GOOD KARMA! You get back what you send out. It's been a relatively good day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    ooo, should I say it? No I won't say I told you so. Nope not all. LOL. I really am glad that everything worked out for the best for you despite Dell's Black Friday hiccup.

    ReplyDelete