Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Piano Teacher Needs Students!

Autumn, our Piano teacher, is looking for students!
On Tuesday's, she has been driving to Lansing to give lessons to 13 students.
They are mostly home schooled students, so she does their lessons during the day.
The drive is getting a bit much for her, so she is looking for students on this side of the state.
She is well educated, and let me tell you...
When we went to Emily's recital in June, and heard what some of these kids are playing, we were blown away. I've never seen a 13 year old play Mozart on the piano before,
not to mention his sister was playing the violin at the same time with him.
It was amazing.
So! Autumn Zook is her name,
Her number is: 586-913-5217
You don't have to have a piano for the lessons. Greg, Emily and I are all taking lessons, and we use a Yamaha keyboard. It has 88 keys like a piano, and also the foot peddle. Costco has a great selection of them. They have one with weighted keys (feels more like a piano key) that I wish they had when we got ours, but still - I'm happy with what we have.
If you, or your children are looking to play piano, call her.
Make sure you tell her that I gave you her number. She has NO idea that I'm blogging this,
I'm just trying to help a gal out!
Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    What happened with the phone call to your friend!!?? Wasn't that supposed to be last night? Got my curiosity up....then there's a post about the piano teacher. ?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called and left a message. Her dad said she would be home all day, in the afternoon. So.. I'm wondering if she was out of town or something. I'm going to call again this afternoon. I will let you know what happens.

    While I was hoping Elke would call back, Autumn called me. She was on her way back from Lansing, and was telling me what her plans are to get more students so she can get out of that drive every week. So, I thought it would be helpful for me to throw it out there into space, incase anyone is looking for a piano teacher. She didn't know I did it, ;o)

    ReplyDelete