Saturday, November 25, 2006

Have yourself a merry little......

Mai Tai..... lol. Caught you didn't I? So I did it. For the first time ever, I went out with the crazies on Friday morning. Donna (Emily's godmother), her neighbor Suzy (I worked in the ER with her sister in law for years w/o knowing they were related) met at Target on 26 Mile Road at 6. Actually I was there almost an hour before they were. I woke up at 4:41 with a sudden case of anxiety.

My mind was reeling on how am I going to work part time? Funny how you can work out life's most challenging issues while laying in bed. So I decided to get up. I got up, dressed, hair brushed, teeth brushed, hat on, clothes on and out the door by 5. THANK GOD Starbucks was open. Bleary eyed, I pulled into the drive through for my Venti Gingerbread Latte. Both the gal behind the window and I were both laughing that we were infact vertical at this hour. I was very appreciative of my latte.

So, I should have went to Meijer for the 20" LCD Flat Panel TV for $99. Instead, I went to Target and watched the line of crazies for 45 minutes from my car. There was nothing on my list that was so imperative that I waited in line in 30 degree temperatures for. So, I parked nice and close to the door, listened to 80's music on XM radio, and enjoyed my latte from my roasting hot car.

Donna and Suzy pulled up. By this time, the line that was midway down the side of the building was now around the building, down the length of the parking lot, and out to Van Dyke. INSANE..
Well... there are 2 sets of doors on the building. West side doors and right around the corner are North Side doors. The line was for the west side doors, so we casually walked up to the north side doors and entered immediately while the line was still out to Van Dyke. Now... I don't think I was cheating, because I got there early and the line was very short when I got there. I just decided to wait in my car. Plus, I don't think a lot of people realized the north doors would go in that fast. So we all grab carts. I swear to god, it was like something out of that show "Supermarket Sweep". Buggies ramming into each other, people hightailing it to the back of the store. It was nuts! It was so much fun!!!! It was amazing to see piles of stuff just disappear in seconds. We got everything on our lists. Infact we plotted out next years strategy already too, lol.

Two people are going to take the shopping lists, including the third persons, and go directly in w/out a buggy and go get the goods. The third person is going to score 2 buggies and go wait in a not so crazy part of the store. That way we can expedite things. It will work out perfectly. Now for check out. This was INSANE...

The line started at electronics at the front left of the store, went all the way to the back of the store, through the Christma stuff, back up the main aisle to the other side of Electronics, across the front of the store, to the check-outs.

All in all, it took probably less than 45 minutes to check out. Again, it was so much fun, I will definitely do this again next year. In fact, the Deals are so good on other things, that I think Den and the boys should go out too. Wahooo!!

Thanksgiving was GREAT. The food was wonderful and this year, instead of the turkey taking way too long to cook, it was done in record timing in the roaster pan on the counter. The food was amazing and I sincerely appreciated everyone bringing something.

We're already planning out our food menu for Christmas!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment