Thursday, November 09, 2006

Where have I been!?

I'm sorry for all the big time spans in between my postings. I have become an eBay junkie in the past week. I had a bunch of stuff that I put on there and it all sold! I'm so excited to get rid of things I'm not using. It's so much easier than doing a garage sale too, because it only takes a few minutes of your time, then eBay handles the rest.

Think of it this way... I had a Pampered Chef baking stone that I put on there. Now had I put it in a garage sale, I may have marked it $5. Then, the customer would have probably tried to talk me down further in price. And of course, since I feel that my door is only a one way door when it comes to garage sales, I would go lower.

Instead, I put it on eBay. I took photo's of it, uploaded them to the eBay site, and started the bidding at $2 with an $8 shipping charge. At the close of the auction in 7 days, the stone sold for a grand total of $21! So it does pay to sell stuff on there. Infact, My palms are itchy to get more stuff on there. I would rather get rid of it that way. I'm so excited about it!

On another note... I'm stepping into my girlfriends shoes tomorrow night (Friday). Deanna (Greg's godmother) sells Tastefully Simple and is actually very successful at it. She's been doing it for a couple years now, and has a whole team of consultants under her. Unfortunately, her Mother-in-law is losing her battle with cancer, and has been admitted to hospice care. She has gone downhill extremely fast, and Deanna, along with her husband and the rest of the family, need to be available on a moments notice to help her out.

With that being said, Deanna has asked me to do a party for her (I used to sell Tastefully Simple products a few years ago). So, of course I said yes. So tomorrow night, I am doing a party in Clawson, at my cousin's house. That's another reason I said yes, but I would have done it anywhere. I am a little nervous, but I know it will be fine.

When Dennis's mom died in January of 2005, Deanna and her husband Chris were at our sides through all of it. We knew Jeannie was going to die, and was in hospice care also, but it was a very fast event. All of this took place within 48 hours from the admittance to hospice until her death. So, while we were at the hospital, Deanna and Chris came to be with us. They took us to the cafeteria for dinner, and just stayed with us for hours on end. It meant so much to us. In my rushing out of my house, I had forgotten to grab money, nor did I have my ATM card. Deanna knowing this, took wads of money and shoved them into my pockets, so that we could get coffee, food or whatever. That's the kind of person she is.

I feel so bad that they are now going through this, but her Mother-in-law seems to be very comfortable in this stage, and I think it is making it a lot easier on them, rather than to hear her moaning in pain, or to see her suffering in any way. I never dreamed it would come to this for Jackie, but after doing chemo for years and years without end, I can understand why she is ready for this to be over. She is a remarkable woman, and she raised a GREAT son (Chris). I just hope that everyone has the opportunity to say the things they want to say to her while they can. Because being able to say goodbye to the ones you love, is an amazing gift in itself.

So in closing... I would like to say that I hope that tomorrow's party that I am doing for Deanna has amazing results. I want to get bookings galore for her to come back to work to. I want her to have orders like you can't imagine. She is one of the greatest friends a person could ever have, and she proves it every day. How can I not do this for her?

So... if you need any Tastefully Simple products, place your order! It can be shipped directly to your house. If you actually and really do need stuff, email me the order so that it goes on this party I'm doing for her. I won't make a dime, and I don't want to make a dime. I'm doing this for my friend. Email the order to me, and I will add it on to the party.

www.tastefullysimple.com

Namaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment