Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Love You Man...

OMG, my blogger friends kill me. I just got done reading Jro's post about the skunk and can honestly say that I can not read that post again. I may rupture something if I do. I was laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe.

And Mel. Princess and her Pees, I mean THE peas, lol. I am SO ready for summer to be over. Since July, our summer has been literally full speed ahead. I have been all over the country, and have packed, unpacked, and repacked my suitcase again. It was one of the best summers we've ever had.

But I am so worn out. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I am ready for early nights (for the kiddies). I am ready for the season premiers. I am ready for my huge oversized easy chair, and my stack of magazines that I've been neglecting all summer. I am ready to burn my favorite fall candle, day in and day out. I am ready for cool breezes to subtly cruise across my face, while I am wrapped up in a snuggly warm bed. I am ready to attempt to cook, bake amazing desserts, and to spend Saturdays lounging in front of the TV.

The homework... yeah, boiling chicken bones and bleaching them out to make a dinosaur is pretty hefty price to pay, but I'll take it. It gives me time to try and be a good mom again. A sense of renewal. Healthy lunches, clean faces, nicely combed hair, and well rested children... I'm ready for summer to end.

3 comments:

  1. No kidding it was HOT yesterday! I bought Becca all these new school clothes and don't want to make her wear any of them because they are all jeans and heavier shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fall. Have I mentioned how much I love fall.....I am going to miss going to the State games with Carl & Tree, Jilly & Alan. Oh, and I LOVE fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. State Games? I can't believe I let that name even slip onto my blog. Have I taken leave of my senses?

    GO BLUE!!!

    ReplyDelete