Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grande Finale

The picnic was a HUGE success. It was actually a lot of fun running it. Next year I think the torch is being handed to me, and luckily I already have a small army of volunteers waiting. I never thought I would become this involved in the school, but it is amazing how it has transformed my life. I think about the friends I see every day now, and realize that I would not even know them if it weren't for my children. Some of them I've known since Emily was about 2 years old.

Being a parent is such an amazing gift. I look at Emily & Greg and realize how lucky I am to be given this opportunity. I am having the time of my life, and can't imagine what I would be doing otherwise. My life feels so much richer, so much more complete. Our favorite saying around here comes from Jerry McGuire, but we've tweaked it a bit. "You had me at Waaaaaaahhhhhh!"

As for now though, I'm ready to get back to our regulary scheduled program. Life.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. Congratulations, I knew it would be a success!

    Your kiddos are lucky to have such great parents in the both of you too. You both work hard to give them what they have - mentally, physically, and spiritually.

    Good luck with the torch hand off too!

    ReplyDelete