Thursday, September 04, 2008

Will YOU Be My Friend?

I did it. Jro planted a seed a while back about Facebook. After doing a bit of "research", I decided to take the plunge. So far... I have 1 friend.

Chris.
I met Chris one night at a club that my friend and I hung out at. Ok, it wasn't a "club" but more of an arcade, because we were underage. But the arcade was attached to the "club". He turned out to be one hell of a great friend. We had a riot together, tooling around town in his little silver Fiero.

I can't remember how we lost contact, but we did. Fast forward to 1993. I was at Dennis's house one day. His sister starts talking about her friend Jen and standing up in Jen's wedding. After months of picking dresses, having met Jen, and slowly becoming part of the family (we weren't married yet), the invitation arrived. You guessed it. Jen was marrying my old friend Chris! I just about fell over! What a small world. Denise (Dennis's sister) had known Chris for ages. She and I could have actually crossed paths many times, but never "knew" each other. Of course, I went to the wedding... as my soon to be Mother-in-law's date ;o)

And now Chris is my "one friend" on facebook. Will you be my friend?

1 comment:

  1. Just added you today as a friend!

    Although, I must warn you. I'm regretting my decision to do facebook. It takes "important" time away from my blog. It's neat to see other people out there, but there's all these application thingys that are a pain in arse.
    Plus, once you've found these random people then it's like, now what??

    Anyway, just my two or three cents. You may love it!

    ReplyDelete