Sunday, September 21, 2008

I am NOT a dog person.

I like other peoples dogs. Just not dogs in this house. I'm the "cat lady" from what Dennis tells me. I like my boys. They are sweet, loving, and sooooo easy to care for.

And then came along Izzy.

Saturday we spent an amazing afternoon with a group of friends we don't see very often. It was warm, it was sunny, and it was summer. We shared wine, martini's, and dinner with this wonderful group of people. Dennis, Joe, Scott, and Mike all went to high school together. The three stood up in our wedding, and Dennis stood up in 2 of theirs (Mike isn't married... yet). While us gals haven't known each other long, we share a great bond.

Izzy is Joe & Mary's dog. And boy is she sweet. Izzy met us on the driveway. While Greg locked eyes with her and stopped dead in his tracks, sweet, curly little Izzy just sat there with her little pink collar on, wagging her tail like crazy. How in the world would he think this adorable little girl would want to eat him alive?

After a short stint on the couch flipping out, Greg finally realized that she is one special little dog. She had us in stitches all night long. The bottom of their screen door was taken out by their former "big dog". While they wanted to fix it, they realized that it still keeps the bugs out, and Izzy can run in and out when need be.

Izzy is a Cavadoodle? Not a Labradoodle, but something with a Cavalier, and a poodle and a something else. She's a mutt. And boy did she do a number on me! She is the cutest little thing that I swear I could TOTALLY be a dog person. She actually has catlike qualities. She LOVES to be held, and loves to be cuddled. She loves to lay on her back, and loves the back of the couch like a cat.

Thanks a lot Izzy. You ruined me.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I love it. The same thing happened to me with Guinness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, I think you need to re-read my skunk post!!

    ReplyDelete