Friday, September 12, 2008

Holy Crap it's Friday?!

Wow. Let me tell you... it has been one fast week! First off, I stuck my foot in my mouth when I gleefully said, "I would LOVE to help you throw the back to school picnic" to my friend Linda. Forget that it's just she and I doing it for the 700 students + family members that go to our children's school.

Oh and while I'm helping you throw this picnic, why don't I train for a new position at work too.

Let's just say that yesterday was it. I hit the wall, and came down with something. Either I'm burning the candle at both ends, or I should have taken Patti's advice at work, and used MY OWN pen. Patti is nuts. Pattie has an OCD like I have never seen. We work with people. Sick people. Injured people. People with "issues". Patti uses her own pen. In fact Patti takes her pen home with her so that NO ONE ELSE will use her pen. It's all funny until someone gets sick.

I swear, not 2.2 seconds after sitting down at the front desk, I got Sepsis. I bet I touched a pen, then rubbed my eye or... a microbe flew over the counter into my sinuses. Or who knows. But whatever it is... I got it.

So I've been taking this Herbal Resistance Liquid. Let me tell you... it's brown/green in color, and tastes the way it looks. The taste is so bad, I have to plug my nose.. and rinse my mouth out before breathing again... but it works. It works so good that this is my second bottle. In fact the last time I bought it, I got the convenient economy size. Aside from being a bit congested, and coughing, I feel pretty good.

Note to self... don't interrupt a post to go eat dinner... I forgot what my point was... or maybe it's hypoxia.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better!

    Thanks for the tip on herbal resistence stuff & pens...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed ya today at the shower, hope you are on the road to recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you too. I just couldn't see driving all the way out there, sick, and not be able to even touch the baby.

    I ended up in the urgent care where I work, with an earache, but it is already feeling better.

    Remember to wash your hands... and don't rub your face, when you can't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:24 PM

    Glad you're feeling better. yikes - that sounds pretty nasty.

    ReplyDelete