Thursday, September 18, 2008

Now that I've calmed down...

Have you been to the grocery store lately? Inquiring minds want to know... What the hell happened? I used to LOVE grocery shopping, that is until I started working. I'm not sure what happened there either, but truth be told, I HATE grocery shopping.

Today I ventured on over to Kroger. First couple aisles weren't so bad. And then it happened. Right there in the cracker aisle. I knelt down to look at the Teddy Graham crackers. $2.29 for a 10 ounce box. Right next to it, were the 100 calorie packs. Same product 4.6 oz $2.69. That's 4.6 ounces TOTAL for the ENTIRE PACKAGE my friends. Not PER PACK... that's the whole flipping box. I literally almost fell over. You've got to be kidding.

Then the dairy section. This is where I started talking to myself, under my breath, but loud enough for people to hear. Kraft cheese. I wanted to get the little bricks. Not the super huge one... the little one. $4.49 PER brick. AND I needed 2. That my friends is almost $10 for 2 little bricks of cheese. WTH! What happened to the days of 2/$4?

I was so bent by the time I left that store. I spent $175, without buying anything extravagant... I didn't even buy any meat! Oh and I didn't buy the cheese or the Teddy Grahams either.

What the hell happened?

3 comments:

  1. Tell me about it. I spend so much money in milk that I am serioulsy thinking about buying a cow. It might be cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the price of gas is driving the cost of everything else up. I, too, have been cringing over the price of groceries, especially cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walmart. I have been told to start shopping at Walmart. A lot of people don't like Walmart because it is "Anti union" or doesn't offer their employees health insurance.

    Well.... those employees are the ones that filled out the applications. They willingly went to interviews, and they accepted the positions that were offered to them. So therefore, I will shop there. I'll let you know how it goes as far as price goes.

    ReplyDelete