Wednesday, September 03, 2008

She's Me

Laura.

You've heard me talk about her before somewhere back in the Flintstone Era of this blog. Laura and I work together at the Prompt Care -she works the front desk, I'm in the back driving needles into booties. She started there about a year after I did. We actually know each other from our son's stint in "Come Play with Me", when they were 3. We scrapbook together quite often too.

Laura took care of some company business for me while I was on vacation. Today when she called to give me some updates, she told me a story about a patient on Labor Day.

A man limps into the office and says, "I dropped something heavy on my toe, I think I broke it." Laura replies, "We have Xray equipment here, so we can see you, I just need to register you first." She hands him a clipboard.

Shortly after filling out the paper work, the man says in front of a waiting room FULL of people
"Can you take me back now?"

She replies, "You mean before all of these people, that have been waiting for over an hour?"
"well yeah" he returns, "It will only take a couple minutes, I'll be in and out".

Laura looks over the top of her glasses, straight at the man and says, "We can bring you back right away... after you get permission from every single person sitting in here, that it is ok for you to go before them."

The man turns around to find almost 30 pair of eyes, boring into his head and replies, "That's ok, I'll wait."

"I thought so." Laura said.

Yep. She's just like me.

2 comments:

  1. THat has to be the best story I have heard!!! Love it!

    Kudos to you Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Laura!

    That rocks! You know everyone in that waiting room wanted to get up and give her a high five after she said that!

    ReplyDelete