Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breathing 101

I am a bad blogger. But I have an excuse. I have been so freaking busy that I literally don't know if I've even taken a breath since mid August. I miss blogging too. Everyday, a gazillion thoughts race through my head that I think "Oh! I'm going to blog that". And by the time I get to it. Whoosh, the thought is gone, or the thought is still there, and the humor has been sucked right out of it. The good thing is that I have been entertained by everyone elses blog.

Yesterday, Pioneer Woman's mom posted on PW's blog about breathing. Breathing - that thing I learned way back when I was in yoga... learning how to breathe and LET GO. I followed through on her mom's instructions and felt like I could totally doze off. Suddenly I was so relaxed that it hit me. I haven't chilled out in WEEKS! Even while being sick (which I think I am almost better, btw).

Finally today... I am off work. I am off work until next Tuesday. Finally. I can take a breath. Although I am still running this picnic that takes place on Friday. Today I flew out of bed, made the lunches, got them dressed, threw on my clothes, took them to school, flew back to the house, changed clothes again (because I wasn't ready the first time), then went BACK to the school AGAIN, ready for action. I met my counterpart in the Teachers lounge. I was completely prepared to spend the ENTIRE DAY moving all of the activities, and such to the school.

No can do. She is afraid it will be taken out of the room we are using for supplies. I explained to her that the MORE we do TODAY... the LESS we have to do on FRIDAY. She didn't budge. So I sat there, helping her map out the lay of the land and where the food, activities and all will go. And I sat there, thinking that I took the ENTIRE DAY OFF to sit and do this for a half hour. I wasn't happy, and I had a grudge. But unlike myself, I kept my mouth shut. She does have a point after all. Things could be stolen. I just had the whole day to do this tiny little thing.

We did what we had to do and we parted ways for the day. Then it hit me.

I have ALL OF THIS TIME... and don't have to do ANYTHING for the school! I can actually do what I want to do. The kids are at school, and this house is so quiet, all I can hear are the little insects outside, and the cars on the main road. No TV, no talking, nothing. What an amazing day.

So today, I have done things I needed to do. Learn how to "breathe". Laundry - while breathing. And work on my TS business, which hasn't been touched in WEEKS.

It is a glorious day, and I'm so glad that I have nothing to do.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya... I feel like I haven't taken a breath since I started my new job. As of today, I vowed I'm getting back to "breathing" too!

    Good luck on the picnic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take breathes everyday, shallow fast ones from smoking lol. I feel you, there are times where i feel like my life is getting sucked out me here in great lakes. But my excuse of being to busy to blog i think is solid as gold.i miss you guys and will hopefully be updating my blog on a more daily bases.

    ReplyDelete