Saturday, September 08, 2007

Yesterday...

Yesterday was a GREAT day. Beaudreaux went to school, and I followed a couple hours later to bring in his birthday treat. I stayed for a while and helped the teacher file and do some things. It is so nice that he has the same teacher Emily had when she was in Kindergarten. The teacher is comfortable with me, and I am with her.

After he got out at noon, he came home and proceeded to go bonkers over the extenuating wait for his sister to arrive after her full day of school. He even picked up the phone and said, "What is her number? I'm going to call her". "Sorry Charlie. No phone number to speed dial into Mrs. Alfred's third grade class". So D took him off to Costco for a bit.

After E got home, he tore through his gifts with lightening speed. Later that night, we took E to a birthday sleepover at the punks house. (Same punk from State Fair). BTW... all children that are not related to me will be referred to as punks from here on out to conceal their identity. So off she went to her slumber party.

We then went to Rook & "D"s house. They are G's godparents. We had a little birthday party for him there, lots of yummy drinks too. It was a GREAT night. I admit I was a little "overserved". D had approximately 1.5 glasses of wine, while I consumed the rest of the bottle. It was a VERY GOOD bottle from Leelaneau . By the end of the night I had not only lost my shoes, but couldn't remember which ones I wore there to even look for them!

Regardless, it was a lot of fun. When we got home and tucked Birthday Boy into bed, I asked him, "Did you have a fun birthday"? he replied, "I had a GREAT birthday" and off to dream world he went.

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy.

4 comments:

  1. Wine makes you do funny things! But it's sooo worth it! Your little one is adorable! TOOO CUTE. I can't even imagine mine getting to be that big but I know that eventually it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miralee. Enjoy every second, because it goes by so fast. People say that, but you won't realize it until you experience it with a child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Woo-hoo!. Gotta love the wine buzz, it's such a good feeling. I am LMAO at the image of you searching for your shoes and forgetting what the heck shoes they were anyway!

    You've inspired me to try Michigan wines, I've never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear it was surreal. I was thinking... where are my shoes? Then it hit me... Which fricken shoes did I wear here? It was hilarious. We were there so long and D and I sat there drinking this wine.

    A funny story... I kept refilling my glass, then I said, "Are you going to drink that? You're still on your first glass." She replies... I thought you were still on your first glass, so I was waiting." Little did she know, el wino kept going back to the kitchen to get a little more. lol. Hence... the lost and forgotten shoes!

    What kind of wine do you drink? I have a friend that is a vinter and has a store very close to my house. I would LOVE to pick you up a bottle.

    ReplyDelete