Monday, September 24, 2007

Pretty in Pinckney



Today I had the ultimate pleasure of going out to Katrina's to visit with her and her new little baby, Julia.


What a stunningly beautiful baby. She has the smoothest skin, and the silkiest black hair I have EVER seen. I couldn't stop touching her head! Julia is a tiny little bundle. At her last weigh in, yesterday, she weighed 5.9 pounds. I told little miss that my cats are bigger than she is!


I had the best time visiting Katrina, whom by the way, is totally exhausted. Just as every new mother is. While most people have a whole 9 months to prepare for a birth, Katrina & Kraig had like 20 minutes. Literally. Plus with an adoption, she doesn't get maternity leave. So she is still working at home, while adjusting to their new little bundle.


They filled out the adoption paper work in early September and just days later, Julia arrived. As I arrived today, I would like to say that Katrina had the deer in headlights look, but she didn't. She looked perfectly calm and from what I saw... everything is moving right along. The new parents seem to be doing just fine with pretty little miss.


I had the best time just chilling out with them. The new little family lives in this very beautiful, and hilly subdivision. She laughed when I told her that if I threw something out my kitchen window, it would dent my neighbors siding. In their neighborhood, everyone seems a bit further away. It was so quiet, and the breeze that flowed through the house was so calming. It was very refreshing for me. As you know... I am a country girl at heart.


Anyhoo... I helped the new momma by washing and boiling up bottle parts. She made up all of the bottles, and we had a really good time together.


Hopefully after a bit of rest, she will update her blog!



2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! Please with Katrina my congrats and I can sympathize with her lack of sleep! Although little Max slept for 4 solid hours last night, a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:38 AM

    OMG, I LOVE those pics.

    Val -
    Again, I cannot thank you enough for donating your time to help out my family.

    Your advice made me feel so much better about what I was and wasn't doing. Julia just loved spending time with her Aunt Val and so did I.

    Maybe in a month or two we can come out to your place for a field trip!

    Love ya!
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete