Friday, September 21, 2007

The Laundromat

I LOVE going to the laundromat. I can't put my finger on my facination with it, but I LOVE going there. Today I made my trip with all of the bedroom pillows, and my rugs from one of the bathrooms.

If you haven't ever done it, then trust me don't try to wash your bed pillows in your home washing macine... unless you have a front loader. The last time I tried this, my washer almost walked out to the garage. Literally.

So off I went. As soon as I walked through the door, I was instantly reminded of Grandma Gladys who's time ran out way before it should have. The place was spotless. And the smell... omg the smell. It smelled so good in there with all the soaps and softners. The gentle hummmmm of the dryers. I LOVE the laundromat.

For me and some very odd reason, it is a place of total zen. I don't quite understand why, but I love it there. If you have the chance, you should go... mid week, and DO NOT, and I stress DO NOT... take any children with you... unless they are bound to a carseat and will nap. If I had to take frick and frack with me... I would just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment